Prince may have died from a fatal drug combination with investigators trying to determine if he had ingested the two substances known to be dangerous if taken together. The toxicology reports are still currently pending, but investigators appear to believe the iconic singer had Percocet and Buprenorphine in his system at his time of death.
The combination of the two drugs can suppress breathing and both medications can amplify the other.
Police are interested in exactly why both Prince’s regular physician Michael Schulenberg and Andrew Kornfeld, the son of a California rehab doctor, were both present at Prince’s Paisley Park estate.
There are reports that Kornfeld had Buprenorphine pills in his backpack. The drug is commonly used to treat opiate addiction.
Drugs.com states that PERCOCET is a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone and is used to treat acute pain, often for those with joint problems. The opiate drug is highly addictive and is usually not prescribed to people who have a history of drug addiction. Overdose can cause vomiting, stomach pain, confusion, and yellowing of the skin. As the overdose progresses, users start to feel faint, their heart rate slows and they can eventually stop breathing and fall into a coma.
BUPRENORPHINE is an FDA-approved drug that is used to treat opioid addiction.
At the appropriate dose, treatment on the drug may suppress symptoms of opioid withdrawal, decrease cravings and block the effects of other opioids.
The judge in charge of the late singer’s estate has now set a four-month deadline for claims against the singer’s estate. Prince was not known to have any children, but a Colorado prison inmate named Carlin Q. Williams claims he is the singer’s son.
His mother, Marsha Henson, claims that she conceived Williams while having sex with Prince at a Kansas City, Missouri, hotel in July 1976.
Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson and his five half siblings currently are lined up to receive an inheritance from the “Purple Rain” singer’s estate.