Country Star Stoney LaRue Entering Rehab After Pushing Girlfriend Down The Stairs


Stoney LaRue mugshot photo

Country singer Stoney LaRue will enter rehab after being arrested for allegedly pushing his girlfriend down the stairs during a fight over her noisy hair dryer.

Police arrested 38-year-old singer, after responding to a domestic violence call in Oklahoma City around 7 a.m. on Monday.

LaRue returned home drunk with a female friend and was being loud at around 4 a.m.

Stoney’s girlfriend, Amanda Winsworth, was disturbed by the noise and went to sleep in her car, before returning to the home around 7 a.m. to get ready for work.

Stoney LaRue & girlfriend Amanda Winsworth photos

Winsworth came back to get ready for work and turned on her hair dryer, when Stoney burst inside the bathroom and was pissed about the noise.

LaRue allegedly lunged for the hair dryer and threw her makeup bag and toiletries.

She bent down to pick up her things when he pushed her from behind, sending her tumbling head-first down the stairs.

Winsworth called 911 and when police turned up at the residence, finding her with “multiple scratches and scrapes on her back and legs.”

Stoney's girlfriend asks for privacy after arrest

The singer issued a statement on Tuesday apologizing to fans for his actions and saying he would be entering ‘an intensive and extensive’ rehab program.

LaRue stated, “I want to apologize to my family, my friends and my fans for the recent circumstances that have come to light.

“I am going to take some time to work on myself. I will be entering an intensive and extensive program, and I appreciate your thoughts and good wishes for me during this trying time.  Please check my website and Facebook page for updates on my upcoming tour dates, but most importantly, I appreciate your support during this time”.

Stoney LaRue entering rehab

Stoney LaRue and Amanda Winsworth have been dating for over three years.

The country star posted bail, but will have to enter mandatory rehab sessions.

According to police, during the investigation, the second suspect, Chandra, was not allowed back into the house.

She was told multiple times to leave, but Chandra remained on scene trying to talk to the victim. She was then taken into custody on complaints of obstructing and public drunkenness.

Click thumbnails for larger pictures

Images: PR/Instagram/Twitter


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.