The lawsuit claims Singer forced the teenager into sex during parties in California and Hawaii when he was 15-17 in the late 1990s.
The accuser, Michael Egan, stated that the abuse he suffered took place at the Encino home of a Singer friend and associate. But Egan said the director also took him on a trip to Hawaii on two occasions in 1999 where the sexual abuse continued.
At a press conference , Egan said he was raped repeatedly when he was just 15 during wild parties held at the home of Internet mogul Mark Collins-Rector. He said Collins-Rector lured underage boys to his Encino home with promises of roles in Hollywood productions.
“The parties were typically sordid and featured sexual contact between adult males and the many teenage boys who were present for the parties,” the lawsuit claimed. “The parties included the distribution of drugs and alcoholic beverages to the teenage boys at the party.”
Egan also stated that Bryan Singer forced him to perform oral sex and that he was sodomized by the defendant.
He also said he and other victims were threatened to keep quiet.
Egan had already filed a lawsuit over the alleged abuse 14 years ago but nothing ever happened.
Herman said, “Mike has been called a liar, been attacked and the story denied. But I have heard from many people that they were abused in Hollywood as children just in the last 18 hours. I’ve been investigating this case for six months, there are pedophile rings that happen in Hollywood that overlap each other. I want to give victims a voice.”
Egan claims he first came into contact with the movie industry bigwigs when he moved from Nebraska to Los Angeles to make it as an actor, and attended private school, San Fernando Valley Professional School.
It was there he came into contact with Collins-Rector’s partner Chad Shackley, who, it is claimed invited him and other boys around for parties.
Collins-Rector is a registered sex offender and in 2004 pleaded guilty to luring minors across state lines for sexual acts.
Egan said during the press conference, “I had drugs put in my drink, liquor poured down my throat, (I was) raped numerous times in that house, various times (I was) sexually abused. There was a policy of no clothes by the poolside area. I was a piece of meat to these people.”
Egan was allegedly in the pool when Collins-Rector approached him and ordered him out to hug Singer.
Egan says he was was nude, so when he hugged Singer the director allegedly “grabbed his bare buttocks”.
The lawsuit states that Singer told Egan he was “sexy” and went on to masturbate the underage boy and perform oral sex on him. The director then told Egan to do the same to him, but the then-minor says he resisted.
Singer then reportedly pushed the boy’s head under water. When he finally got up for air, Singer again demanded he perform oral sex and when he refused for the second time, Singer took him out of the pool and forcibly sodomized him.
Singer’s attorney Marty Singer said in a statement that the claims are “absurd and defamatory.”
He believes the lawsuit is an attempt to obtain publicity before the director’s next film is released. “X-Men: Days of Future Past” will be released on May 23.
Singer plans to counter sue over “the fabricated” claims.
Click thumbnails for larger pictures