The BC Coroner has just released its final report into the death of beloved “Glee” star Cory Monteith.
Cory’s death at the age of 31 on July 13 shocked everyone, occurring after he was drinking champagne and shooting up heroin in his Vancouver hotel room.
Coroner Claire Thompson says Monteith died of a mix of intravenous heroin and alcohol and his death has been ruled as accidental. His alcohol level was 0.13 percent. In Canada, a blood alcohol content of .08% is considered legally drunk.
The 31-year-old was found in his hotel room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in downtown Vancouver shortly after noon on July 13th. He had checked into the hotel on July 6th and was expected to check out the morning of the 13th. He never checked out and hotel staff checked his room and discovered him dead on the floor.
Investigators found drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue (heroin) and a used hypodermic needle, as well as two empty champagne bottles and glasses.
Video from hotel surveillance showed Monteith returning to his room alone around 2:16 a.m. on the 13th.
Monteith, who had a long history of addiction, had left rehab in April or March and hadn’t done drugs recently. The documents states, “Individuals typically build up a concentration tolerance to this type of drug over time. After a period of cessation from opioid drug use, a previously tolerated drug concentration level may become toxic and fatal.”
Click thumbnails for larger pictures