Charles Saatchi Divorcing Nigella Lawson After “Choking” Incident

3068

Charles Saatchi & Nigella Lawson over

Multi-millionaire art collector Charles Saatchi has decided to file for divorce from wife Nigella Lawson just four weeks after he grabbed her neck at a restaurant in London.

Saatchi said he made the “heartbreaking” decision to divorce the television chef because she didn’t defend his reputation after he was photographed with his hands around her neck.

The 70-year-old told The Mail on Sunday, “I am sorry to announce that Nigella Lawson and I are getting divorced. I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way.”

Saatchi was caught grabbing 53-year-old Nigella Lawson’s throat in disgusting photos taken during an argument at the Scott’s restaurant on June 9.

Charles Saatchi reveals that the day the pictures were published, he was ordered by Lawson’s PR team to apologize for the assault and admit he was “ashamed”.

Saatchi told Nigella, “Are you crazy, you know that’’s not the truth”.

The couple, who had been married ten years had a nasty argument and Saatchi told Lawson to “pack her bags and go”.

Saatchi voluntarily went to Charing Cross police station the day after their bust-up where he agreed to accept a police caution for assault. But Nigella had already left the family home with her two children from her previous marriage to John Diamond – Cosima and Bruno.

Here’s Saatchi’s statement:

Charles Saatchi statement on divorce

Click thumbnails for larger pictures

Images: wenn.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.